[CITE-Forum] Query regarding WFS 1.1.0 request parameter

Sebastian Goerke goerke at lat-lon.de
Fri Oct 25 03:43:43 EDT 2013

Hi Meenakshi,

my answer on this is:
The referenced schema describes all operations of WFS 1.1.0. For one
operation, GetCapabilities, the version parameter is optional by
specification, see table 7 within WFS 1.1.0 standard. Setting it to
mandatory within the schema for all request would break this
requirement. Another, ugly way to declare the version parameter within
the schema would be to declare it for every operation explicitly and
have 5 times the declaration of the version parameter within the schema.

Best regards

Sebastian

Am 25.10.2013 09:09, schrieb Meenakshi Gupta:
> Hi All, I have a query regarding WFS 1.1.0 request parameters of
> operations. On page 96 of the
> 04-094_Web_Feature_Service_Implementation_Specification_V1.1[1].pdf,

VERSION parameter is mentioned as mandatory for all operations except