[CITE-Forum] Regarding WMS 1.3.0 POST request creation

Mats Olsson Mats.Olsson at carmenta.com
Wed Oct 23 07:01:35 EDT 2013

Hi,

It is for SLD version 1.1.0 which is a separate standard used as an extended to WMS 1.3.0. You can find it in the standards list on the OGC homepage. It is not required to implement support for this for a standard WMS client.

Since support for GET is mandatory for all operations in the server (see 6.3.1 in the WMS 1.3.0 specification) a client should not have to support POST. The main reason for supporting POST anyway is because the length limit on the GET-request which can be a problem if the WMS service have lots of layers with long names or when using SLD.

Best regards,
Mats Olsson