[CITE-Forum] OGC SF 1.2, WKB and SQL Option discrepancies

Alex Trofast Alex.Trofast at actian.com
Fri Mar 22 19:47:02 EDT 2013

Greetings,

I'm working on implementing a WKB and WKT 1.2 reader/writer and also parts of the 1.2 SQL Option standard. One of the discrepancies I came across was that the WKB standard specifies the TIN and Triangle types but it doesn't describe Surface and Curve (or MultiSurface, MultiCurve) beyond giving them type codes. Whereas the SQL Option standard specifies Surface and Curve as types but makes no mention of TIN and Triangle. I was wondering if anybody could shed some light on this discrepancy?

Thank you,

Alex Trofast