[CITE-Forum] R: R: case sensitive parameters values

Sebastian Goerke goerke at lat-lon.de
Fri Mar 8 09:58:50 EST 2013

saying that parameter values shall be in camel case does not say: It
is not allowed to additionally provide those values in other spellings.

So an implementation must at least implement the camel case for
parameter values but it is not forbidden to add other spellings aswell.

Thinking in use cases is senseful here: You want to add some services
requests, let's say GetMap, to an application. Then it makes sense,
that the spelling is the same for all paramter values 'GetMap'. But
implementations are not restricted on just supporting this spelling.
If implementers want, they can additionally implement something like
'GETMAP', which is not covered by the spec but not forbidden.

Regards

Sebastian

Am 08.03.2013 15:52, schrieb Di Donato Pasquale swisstopo:
> Sebastian thanks for the quick reply. I'm getting confused.
>
> In OGC specs:
>
> .	WMS 1.1.1 § 6.4.1: "Parameter names shall not be case sensitive,
> but parameter values shall be case sensitive" .	WMS 1.3.0 § 6.8.1:
> "Parameter names shall not be case sensitive, but parameter values
> shall be" .	WFS 2.0 § 6.2.5.2: "Parameter names shall not be case
> sensitive, but parameter values shall be"
>
> and similar text in OWS Common.
>
> When you say:
>
>> An implementation must support the camel-case spelling. But it is
>> also allowed to support other spellings.
>
> It means to me that parameters values are not case sensitive. If
> so, why the OGC text says that they shall be case sensitive?
>
> I tested some 10 clients and all of them use the UpperCamelCase for
> parameters values in requests.
>
> Try a geonetwork based csw: only GetCapabilities works and any
> other string returns an exception error report.
>
> Thanks again, Pasquale
>

> -----Messaggio originale----- Da: Sebastian Goerke
> [mailto:goerke at lat-lon.de] Inviato: venerdì, 8. marzo 2013 15:30 A:
> Di Donato Pasquale swisstopo Cc:
> cite-forum at lists.opengeospatial.org Oggetto: Re: R: [CITE-Forum]
> case sensitive parameters values
>
> Exactly.
>
> Am 08.03.2013 15:16, schrieb Di Donato Pasquale swisstopo:
>> Meaning that a request like "....&request=getcapabilities" should
>> not return an exception error?
>
>> thanks
>
>> -----Messaggio originale----- Da:
>> cite-forum-bounces+pasquale.didonato=swisstopo.ch at lists.opengeospatial

cite-forum-bounces+.org
>> [mailto:cite-forum-bounces+pasquale.didonato=swisstopo.ch at lists.openge

ospatial.org] Per conto di Sebastian Goerke Inviato: venerdì, 8. marzo