[CITE-Forum] R: R: case sensitive parameters values

Di Donato Pasquale swisstopo Pasquale.DiDonato at swisstopo.ch
Fri Mar 8 09:52:56 EST 2013

Sebastian thanks for the quick reply. I'm getting confused.

In OGC specs:

.	WMS 1.1.1 § 6.4.1: "Parameter names shall not be case sensitive, but parameter values shall be case sensitive"
.	WMS 1.3.0 § 6.8.1: "Parameter names shall not be case sensitive, but parameter values shall be"
.	WFS 2.0 § 6.2.5.2: "Parameter names shall not be case sensitive, but parameter values shall be"

and similar text in OWS Common.

When you say:

> An implementation must support the camel-case spelling. But it is also
> allowed to support other spellings.

It means to me that parameters values are not case sensitive. If so, why the OGC text says that they shall be case sensitive?

I tested some 10 clients and all of them use the UpperCamelCase for parameters values in requests.

Try a geonetwork based csw: only GetCapabilities works and any other string returns an exception error report.

Thanks again,
Pasquale