[CITE-Forum] case sensitive parameters values

Sebastian Goerke goerke at lat-lon.de
Fri Mar 8 09:14:07 EST 2013

my understanding of those requirement is:

An implementation must support the camel-case spelling. But it is also
allowed to support other spellings.

So all implementations have to support the same spelling but can also
implement other spellings additionally.

There is also no requirement that forbids other spellings as far as I
know.

Regards

Sebastian

Am 08.03.2013 14:17, schrieb Di Donato Pasquale swisstopo:
> I several parts of OGC specs (e.g. WMS WFs and OWS Commons) it's
> written that parameters names are not case-sensitive while
> parameters values are case-sensitive. My understanding is that a
> server should return and exception error report to a request like
> ....?...&request=getcapabilities (getcapabilities is not in Upper
> Camel Case).
>
> I'm just wondering is this interpretation is correct and, in case,
> if this rule is checked in CITE Test.
>
> Here for example:
> http://cite.opengeospatial.org/test_engine/wms/1.1.1/wms_assertions#6.4-Request%20Parameter%20Rules

I just see a check on parameters names (not case-sensitive). Cannot find
any info on parameters values (that should be case sensitive)