[CITE-Forum] How do I get TE to send out a SOAP request?

Vanderwal, Peter A CTR DISA JITC (US) peter.a.vanderwal.ctr at mail.mil
Wed Jun 26 18:49:34 EDT 2013

Hello everyone.

I've been tasked with figuring out how to use Team Engine to do SOAP testing.  I'm the NOOB on the team and have zero experience with SOAP so that makes it a little challenging.

I've got TE installed and I've figured out how to run simple tests, and I think I've figured out why simple tests don't work from the web interface (need to have a Suite defined?).
However, I can't figure out how to make it send out a SOAP request.  Just to make sure I not trying to do something wrong I grabbed one of the example soap scripts:

<ctl:package
 xmlns:ctl="http://www.occamlab.com/ctl"
 xmlns:soap="urn://soaptest"

  <ctl:test name="soap:main">
    <ctl:assertion>The SOAP response is valid.</ctl:assertion>
    <ctl:code>
      <xsl:variable name="response">
		<soap-request version="1.1" charset="UTF-8">
			<url>http://www.opengis.net/cat/csw/2.0.2</url>
			<action>GetCapabilities</action>
				<csw:GetCapabilities
				xmlns:csw="http://www.opengis.net/cat/csw/2.0.2"
				service="CSW"/>
		</soap-request>
      </xsl:variable>
      <xsl:message>RESPONSE: <xsl:value-of select="$response"/></xsl:message>
	</ctl:code>
  </ctl:test>
</ctl:package>

Note: I originally had the URL for one of our servers, I just changed it to opengis to see what would get sent out and what response I'd get.

When I execute the script:

C:\TE_Base>bin\test -source=pete_cat.ctl -test=soap:main

I get:

Testing soap:main type Mandatory in Test Mode with defaultResult Pass
(s0054)...

   Assertion: The SOAP response is valid.
RESPONSE: http://www.opengis.net/cat/csw/2.0.2GetCapabilities
Test soap:main Passed

Which looks to me like it's parsing the request and not the response so I fired up wireshark to see what was actually being sent, and...nothing.  No request going out and obviously no response.

So what am I missing?