[CITE-Forum] WCS Test Engine Failure?

Luis Bermudez lbermudez at opengeospatial.org
Wed Jan 9 16:10:00 EST 2013

Hi Peter, Ulas, Larry et al.

When we have a standard deprecated it means that there is a new version. Of course we try to encourage the latest version ( more bells and whistles, easier to implement, ...). It doesn't mean that we will stop certifying  and that the tests are not maintained. We do our best effort to maintain the tests.

1.0.0 compliance is a win cause not a lost one and if there are issues with the current test we should try to solve them.

---
Luis Bermudez
Director Interoperability Certification
OGC

On Jan 9, 2013, at 3:57 PM, Larry Gilliam <larry.gilliam at nasa.gov> wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> I'm in a similar position as Ulas, and my customer at NASA is really pushing to pass 1.0.0 compliance. I have seen on this list and elsewhere the suggestion to abandon 1.0.0 and move to 2.0, but b/c of lots of lingering references to 1.0.0 ( and lack for 2.0 ) on the CITE site, I have been unable to convince them to move on.
>
> I'm looking for anything that truly marks this 1.0.0 compliance test passing as a lost cause. If you have any documentation, official statements, etc. I would be very thankful. Currently as I peruse the CITE site, it looks like 1.0.0 or 1.1.x are the most prominent ( I see little mention of 2.0, and can't choose to test it with the online teamengine ).
>
> Thanks for any help. At the least I'm going to take your statement below to my stakeholders and try to convince them to move on ( even skipping WCS 1.1.x ).
>
> -Larry
>
> On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 3:03 PM, Peter Baumann <baumann at rasdaman.com> wrote:
>> Dear Ulaş,
>>
>> WCS 1.0.0 is deprecated, and the corresponding test suite is not maintained any longer (yes, there are known issues with it). Recommendation is to use the current version, WCS 2.0, adopted in 2010, with its up-to date and maintained test suite.
>>
>> regards,
>> Peter
>>

>> On 01/09/2013 04:08 PM, ULAS AYDINER wrote:
>>> Hello again everyone,
>>>

>>> I felt the need to post another question here, since there are a few issues I see with the CITE test           engine for WCS 1.0.0 and I am stuck.
>>>

>>> To summarize the situation: for every GetCoverage the test engine issues and expects content, my server returns proper content (GeoTIFF files, I also check my generated GeoTIFFs with gdalinfo to make sure TIFF tags are fine), but the test engine says that my test steps are failing. I think there is a small issue with the test engine here.
>>>

>>> Kind regards,
>>>

>>> Ulaş
>>>

>>> ULAS AYDINER
>>> YAZILIM PROJE YÖNETİCİSİ