[CITE-Forum] basic questions about wfs certificate

Luis Bermudez lbermudez at opengeospatial.org
Wed Jan 9 06:06:49 EST 2013

Dear Volkan

On Jan 9, 2013, at 2:56 AM, Volkan Kepoglu wrote:

> Dear Sirs,
>
> I want to ask several basic questions about wfs certificate and if it is not the right place, I really am very sorry, but could not find any other place to ask for it.
>

> 1. WFS version 2.0 is interface standard which means that there is no separate certificate for version 2.0, isn't it?
> In other words, there is only one valid certificate for WFS and it's version is 1.1. Right?

Test for version 2.0 will be available later this year.
You can start testing using the beta web site
http://cite.opengeospatial.org:9090/teamengine/

> 2. Is it possible to get a certificate for WFS version 1.1 without implementing Transaction and LockFeature operations?

Yes

> 3. Does WFS-T refer to a separate certificate which means that a certificate for WFS version 1.1 plus implemention of Transaction and LockFeature operations?

Yes, currently WFS-T is a separate certificate.
See example of products that are WFS and WFST compliant: http://www.opengeospatial.org/resource/products/byspec

---
Luis
http://www.opengeospatial.org/ogc/organization/staff/lbermudez