[CITE-Forum] wfs-1.1.0-Basic-GetFeature-tc200.2 request

Baris Kazar baris.kazar at oracle.com
Fri Feb 24 09:37:30 EST 2012

Hi Andreas,-
  I think you are mentioning about the following snippets in the schema:

For All spatial ops except BBOX:

/<xsd:complexType name="BinarySpatialOpType">
<xsd:complexContent>
<xsd:extension base="ogc:SpatialOpsType">
<xsd:sequence>
<xsd:element ref="ogc:PropertyName"/>
<xsd:choice>
<xsd:element ref="gml:_Geometry"/>
<xsd:element ref="gml:Envelope"/>
</xsd:choice>
</xsd:sequence>
</xsd:extension>
</xsd:complexContent>
</xsd:complexType>/

For BBOX:

/<xsd:complexType name="BBOXType">
<xsd:complexContent>
<xsd:extension base="ogc:SpatialOpsType">
<xsd:sequence>
<xsd:element ref="ogc:PropertyName" minOccurs="0"/>
<xsd:element ref="gml:Envelope"/>
</xsd:sequence>
</xsd:extension>
</xsd:complexContent>
</xsd:complexType>/

All spatial ops are using type BinarySpatialOpType.
And it seems that there needs to be one ogc:PropertyName element.
That means if there is a spatial op (except BBOX) which does not have propertyName
within the Filter element, then there should be an exception thrown.

However, for BBOX, it is optional as you mentioned.
We will allow only BBOX op to have the option of having no propertyName, then.

Thanks