[CITE-Forum] WCS 1.0.0 compliance test working?

Andreas Schmitz schmitz at lat-lon.de
Tue Feb 21 03:39:27 EST 2012

Larry Gilliam wrote:

Hi,

> I just tried the WCS 1.0.0 compliance test at
> http://cite.opengeospatial.org/teamengine/, on our MODAPS WCS at NASA.
> My user name is lgilliam.
>
> The first line in the test log says "Assertion: The WCS 1.0.0
> implementation being
> tested behaves properly"
>
> However, on the results page its listed as 1 failure and 0 successes.
> And towards the bottom of the results log, I see some Java exceptions
> that seem to come from improper building of the describeCoverage:
>
> Request d1e519_1:
>    Method: get
> Error in call to extension function {public org.w3c.dom.NodeList
> com.occamlab.te.TECore.request(org.w3c.dom.Document,java.lang.String)
> throws java.lang.Throwable}: Exception in extension function
> java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol:
> ?SERVICE=WCS&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=DescribeCoverage&COVERAGE=
> Result: Failed
>
> Thanks for any info. For reference here is the WCS URL I used:
> http://modwebsrv.modaps.eosdis.nasa.gov/wcs/5/MOD021KM/getCapabilities?service=WCS&version=1.0.0&request=GetCapabilities&section=/

that would be because your capabilities document is not valid, for
example it has the wrong root element (WCS_CapabilitiesType
vs. WCS_Capabilities). Try validating the document against
http://schemas.opengis.net/wcs/1.0.0/wcsCapabilities.xsd and fix the
problems before running the tests.

I'd agree that the error message is not very forthcoming, it fails
because it needs to extract certain information (such as the endpoints
of the various operations) from the capabilities document before it can
actually start testing.

Best regards, Andreas