[CITE-Forum] Http status codes in TEAM Engine

Mats Olsson Mats.Olsson at carmenta.com
Thu Aug 23 11:28:05 EDT 2012

Hi all,

Since the Web Service Common 2.0.0 states that service exceptions should use HTTP Status codes 400, 500 and 501 I tested writing the same codes for our older 1.x interfaces too (WMS,WFS&WCS).

As far as I can tell the 1.x specifications don't say a whole lot about HTTP status codes. The 1.1.0 Web Service Common specification do have a test case A4.1.5 that kind of mentions that the status code for exceptions should be 4xx/5xx in capabilities responses.

But when trying to run the online TEAM Engine test all these test fail with a java IOException because the response uses status codes other than 200. Is this by design or a bug?

best regards,
Mats Olsson