[CITE-Forum] Feedback

Henning Bredel h.bredel at 52north.org
Tue Aug 14 13:23:08 EDT 2012

宗岩 Rocky,

as promised, here my feedback regarding to my run against SPS r2:

1) core-SPS.GetCapabilities-PostRequestNullVersion
  => acceptVersion parameter is an element rather than an XML attribute
2) core-SPS.GetCapabilities-PostRequestInvalidVersion.1
  => same as 1)
3) core-SPS.DescribeSensor-RequestNoService.1
  => you are sending request whic is not valid at all, so responding an
InvalidRequest exception fits better in my eyes
4) core-SPS.DescribeSensor-RequestInvalidService.1
  => wrong description
5) core-SPS.DescribeSensor-RequestNoVersion.1
  => same as 3)
6) core-SPS.DescribeSensor-RequestNoProcedure.1
  => same as 3)
7) core-SPS.DescribeSensor-RequestNoProcedureDescriptionFormat.1
  => same as 3)
8) core-SPS.DescribeSensor-RequestInvalidValidTime.1
  => same as 3)
9) core-SPS.DescribeTasking-RequestNoService.1
  => same as 3)
10) core-SPS.DescribeTasking-RequestNoVersion.1
  => same as 3)
11) core-SPS.DescribeTasking-RequestNoProcedure.1
  => same as 3)
12) core-SPS.Submit-RequestNoService.1
  => same as 3)
13) core-SPS.Submit-RequestNullService.1
  => same as 3)
14) core-SPS.Submit-RequestInvalidService.1
  => same as 3)

( ... I could proceed, but I stop for now ...)

As you see, most issues are related to either responding with a
MissingParameterValue exception or respond with an InvalidRequest. In my
understanding the MissingParameterValue exception means that a required
paramter is present but has no value. So

  => *-RequestNoService --> InvalidRequest exception
  => *-RequestNullService --> MissingParameterValue exception
  => *-RequestInvalidService --> InvalidParamterValue exeception

The specifications say that for an invalid request, the locator value
shall contain the validation errors so that the client does not have to
find out by himself why the request is regarded invalid.

What do you think on this?

Best

   Henning

--
Henning Bredel
52°North Initiative for Geospatial Open Source Software GmbH