[CITE-Forum] Validation problems with Discovery Service Schema

Janis Blank blank at supportgis.de
Fri Sep 23 03:14:37 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I have a most perculiar problem with the CSW Discovery Service schema at
http://schemas.opengis.net/csw/2.0.2/CSW-discovery.xsd

Everytime, I try to validate a getRecords response against it, the
following validation error occurs:

Altova XMLSpy:
While validating against complex type 'csw:SearchResultsType', element
<gmd:MD_Metadata> matched wildcard {any except
http://www.opengis.net/cat/csw/2.0.2} but no element declaration was found.
Error location: env:Envelope / env:Body / csw:GetRecordsResponse /
csw:SearchResults / gmd:MD_Metadata
Details
cvc-wildcard.2: While validating against complex type
'csw:SearchResultsType', element <gmd:MD_Metadata> matched wildcard {any
except http://www.opengis.net/cat/csw/2.0.2} but no element declaration
was found.
cvc-elt.5.2.1: The element <csw:SearchResults> is not valid with respect
to the actual type definition 'csw:SearchResultsType'.

Apache Xalan 2.6.0:
cvc-complex-type.2.4.c: The matching wildcard is strict, but no
declaration can be found for element 'gmd:MD_Metadata'.

They are seemingly right, I can't find this element either, but the
schemaLocation of the response only gives the above reference. See below
for an example query (this applies to many other services as well):

Request: (Content-Type=application/soap+xml)
<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope">
<soap:Header/>
<soap:Body>
<csw2:GetRecords xmlns:apiso="http://www.opengis.net/cat/csw/apiso/1.0"
xmlns:csw2="http://www.opengis.net/cat/csw/2.0.2"
xmlns:gmd2="http://www.isotc211.org/2005/gmd"
xmlns:ogc2="http://www.opengis.net/ogc" maxRecords="10"
outputFormat="application/xml"
outputSchema="http://www.isotc211.org/2005/gmd" resultType="results"
service="CSW" version="2.0.2">
<csw2:Query typeNames="gmd2:MD_Metadata">
<csw2:ElementSetName>summary</csw2:ElementSetName>
<csw2:Constraint version="1.1.0">
<ogc2:Filter>
<ogc2:PropertyIsLike escapeChar="\" singleChar="_" wildCard="%">
<ogc2:PropertyName>AnyText</ogc2:PropertyName>
<ogc2:Literal>%</ogc2:Literal>
</ogc2:PropertyIsLike>
</ogc2:Filter>
</csw2:Constraint>