[CITE-Forum] Exception when calling function with ampersand in argument

Janis Blank blank at supportgis.de
Thu Oct 20 03:10:53 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I hope this is the right mailing list, or is there an active developer
list for the TEAMEngine?
I have noticed a problem with TEAMEngine 2.0b when calling a function
with arguments that contain ampersands (&). This led to a
SaxonAPIException issued by the call to build(src) at "NodeInfo
paramsNode =
core.getEngine().getBuilder().build(src).getUnderlyingNode();" in class
com.occamlab.te.saxon.TEXSLFunctionCall. The src object containing the
problematic parameters is build like this: Source src = new
StreamSource(new CharArrayReader(xml.toCharArray()));.
I could overcome this problem by simply adding the line xml =
xml.replace("&", "&"); before the construction of src.
I seem to remember though, that I already saw tests that had no problems
with ampersands in function arguments at all. Can anybody reproduce this
problem? Or is it just me again...

Regards
Janis

--