[CITE-Forum] Modifying existing compliance tests as part of certification

jeff fitzgerald jeffery.fitzgerald at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 14:35:34 EST 2011

What is the policy regarding modifying the compliance tests in the
situation where features outside the scope of the specifications are
required to pass the tests?

For example, the WFS 1.0.0 tests contain feature types in two different
namespaces. My WFS publishes data in one namespace, and that namespace is
not configurable.

Or in the case of the WFS 1.1.0 tests, the PrimitiveGeoFeature schema
defines 3 geometry properties (surfaceProperty, pointProperty, and
curveProperty); my implementation only supports one geometry per feature
type.

What are my options for submitting my OGC services for certification, given
these limitations? Can I download the CTL engine and modify the tests
according? Could I port the CTL tests to JUnit, a Java unit testing
framework, and submit those results instead?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Fitz