[CITE-Forum] Error when send soap-request with invalid xml schema body.

Simone Gianfranceschi simone.gianfranceschi at intecs.it
Tue Aug 23 04:52:46 EDT 2011

Hi Rocky,
yes the SOAP builder expect an XML as child of the <body> element.
It is not clear to me which kind of "invalid message" you want to send.
In the tests that we have done when we have developed the SOAP support
we have simply sent a valid (I mean well formed) XML not compliant with
the back-end interface (e.g. </dummy>).
If you want to send an invalid XML message (I'm not sure you can include
a not well formed but for sure you can include some in the body) you can
use the <request> tag by simply simulating the SOAP behaviour (include
the invalid SOAP message in the <body> tag and add the SOAP action in
the header if you want to test a SOAP 1.1 compliant server). We have use
this approach in the past with some catalogue tests and it worked perfectly.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Simone

Il 22/08/2011 02:15, 宗岩 Rocky ha scritto:
> Dear Jinsongdi,
>          So , the error is correct in the CTL.
>   And thus, we cannot test the “InvalidRequest” exception if the service support only SOAP Binding.
>   Thank you for your answer. ☺
>
> Best
> Tsung-Yen Li (Rocky)
> assistant software engineer
> GIS Research Center, Feng-Chia University
> Taiwan

Simone Gianfranceschi
Intecs S.p.A. - Space Division

Intecs S.p.A.
Via Egidio Giannessi, 5
Loc. Ospedaletto
I-56121 Pisa - Italy
Ph.  +39 050 9657 411 (switchboard)
Ph.  +39 050 9657 559 (direct)
Ph.  +39 3456597641 (Mobile)
Fax. +39 050 9657 400
http://www.intecs.it
mailto: simone.gianfranceschi at intecs.it

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
The contents of this email and any transmitted files are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. We hereby exclude any warranty and any liability as to the quality or accuracy of the contents of this email and any attached transmitted files. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.