[CITE-Forum] [CITE.SC] wfs 1.1.0 beta engine tests updated - Please review2010-09-30

Justin Deoliveira jdeolive at opengeo.org
Tue Oct 5 12:26:59 EDT 2010

Thanks for the info Richard. A few questions inline.

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 10:13 AM, Richard Martell <rmartell at galdosinc.com>wrote:

> The OGC URN namespace identifier was approved a couple of years ago:
>
> <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5165>
>
> Hmmm... when the original CITE work was done the "old" identifier was
required. Was there any sort of deprecation cycle? Or when the initial wfs
1.1 cite tests were done was the spec not considered final and subject to
change? Apologies, i am not too familiar with the spec/cite
practices. Should perhaps the cite tests allow for both?

> About the missing @srsDimension, it may have been omitted as redundant,
> since it's specified by the CRS. Note that if srsName is absent,
> srsDimension must also be absent:
>
> "When the srsName attribute is omitted, this attribute shall be omitted."
>
> <http://schemas.opengis.net/gml/3.1.1/base/geometryBasic0d1d.xsd>
>

> I don't quite understand. If the srsName is omitted this attribute should
be omitted... ok i understand that. But if the srsName is present is this
saying that this attribute is redundant because the dimension can be
inferred from the srsName? What is the point of it then in the schema?

--
Justin Deoliveira
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org