[CITE-Forum] wfs-1.1.0-Basic-GetFeature-tc205.2 test

Clemens Portele portele at interactive-instruments.de
Wed Nov 17 01:28:03 EST 2010

+1

In addition to the statement in WFS 1.1 quoted by Richard below, FES 1.1 states in 6.2 that "the <PropertyName> element is used to encode the name of any property of an object." Since the schema specifies all properties that a particular object may have, referencing a property that is not part of the schema sounds like an invalid request to me.

Clemens

Am 15.11.2010 um 18:10 schrieb Richard Martell:

> That was the original justification, since feature property
> references are XPath expressions. But a closer reading of cl.
> 9.1 (p. 32) suggests that schema violations should be regarded
> as errors:
>
> "However, note that the properties of the second feature (the myns:Road)
> are not properties of the first feature (the myns:School) and it is an
> error to refer to them as such."
>
> In such a case one could argue it is important to signal to the
> client that the request will _never_ yield a result and should
> be reformulated.
>

> --
> rjm

Clemens Portele
portele at interactive-instruments.de
+49 228 9141073 (office)
+49 151 15298497 (mobile)

interactive instruments Gesellschaft für Software-Entwicklung mbH
Trierer Str. 70-72, 53115 Bonn, Germany
Geschäftsführer: Reinhard Erstling, Karla Hinzer, Clemens Portele, Bernd Weidner
Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 3872