[CITE-Forum] Conflicting WFS1.1 compliancy tests

Justin Deoliveira jdeolive at opengeo.org
Fri Jan 29 09:06:23 EST 2010

This exact test case has always been problematic for GeoServer as well.
Essentially we simply rely on the fact that the database back end will
do the regular expression match accordingly. Of course this would fail
miserably if the dates were actually specified in different time zones.

On 1/29/10 7:46 AM, Jeroen Dries wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The data for the WFS 1.1 compliancy test contains PrimitiveGeoFeatures which
> have a dateProperty element. The dates in the orginal data are of the form:
> '2006-10-25Z'.
> Now there is one test which tests on equality:
>
> wfs-1.1.0-Basic-GetFeature-tc35.5
>
>       <ogc:Filter>
>           <ogc:PropertyIsEqualTo>
>              <ogc:PropertyName>sf:dateProperty</ogc:PropertyName>
>              <ogc:Literal>2006-12-12Z</ogc:Literal>
>           </ogc:PropertyIsEqualTo>
>        </ogc:Filter>
>

> And another when which uses 'IsLike':
>
> wfs-1.1.0-Basic-GetFeature-tc42.4
>
>       <ogc:Filter>
>           <ogc:PropertyIsLike escapeChar="\" singleChar="?" wildCard="*">
>              <ogc:PropertyName>sf:dateProperty</ogc:PropertyName>
>              <ogc:Literal>20*-10-??</ogc:Literal>
>           </ogc:PropertyIsLike>
>        </ogc:Filter>
>
> The equality test works perfectly fine with the original data, but what about
> the IsLike test? It works for me if I drop the 'Z' at the end, however I think
> the Literal should be something like  '20*-10-??Z'.
>
> Does anyone know whether this is correct, or is there something in the spec
> which says that we should support this?
>
> thanks in advance,
> Jeroen
>
> Jeroen Dries - Software Engineer
> T +32 16 23 95 91 | jeroen.dries at luciad.com
> LUCIAD - high performance visualization
> Wetenschapspark Arenberg | Gaston Geenslaan 9
> 3001 Leuven | Belgium | www.luciad.com

Justin Deoliveira
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org