[CITE-Forum] Conflicting WFS1.1 compliancy tests

Jeroen Dries jeroen.dries at luciad.com
Fri Jan 29 07:46:18 EST 2010

Hi,

The data for the WFS 1.1 compliancy test contains PrimitiveGeoFeatures which
have a dateProperty element. The dates in the orginal data are of the form:
'2006-10-25Z'.
Now there is one test which tests on equality:

wfs-1.1.0-Basic-GetFeature-tc35.5

     <ogc:Filter>
         <ogc:PropertyIsEqualTo>
            <ogc:PropertyName>sf:dateProperty</ogc:PropertyName>
            <ogc:Literal>2006-12-12Z</ogc:Literal>
         </ogc:PropertyIsEqualTo>
      </ogc:Filter>

And another when which uses 'IsLike':

wfs-1.1.0-Basic-GetFeature-tc42.4

     <ogc:Filter>
         <ogc:PropertyIsLike escapeChar="\" singleChar="?" wildCard="*">
            <ogc:PropertyName>sf:dateProperty</ogc:PropertyName>
            <ogc:Literal>20*-10-??</ogc:Literal>
         </ogc:PropertyIsLike>
      </ogc:Filter>

The equality test works perfectly fine with the original data, but what about
the IsLike test? It works for me if I drop the 'Z' at the end, however I think
the Literal should be something like  '20*-10-??Z'.

Does anyone know whether this is correct, or is there something in the spec
which says that we should support this?

thanks in advance,
Jeroen

Jeroen Dries - Software Engineer
T +32 16 23 95 91 | jeroen.dries at luciad.com
LUCIAD - high performance visualization
Wetenschapspark Arenberg | Gaston Geenslaan 9
3001 Leuven | Belgium | www.luciad.com