[CITE-Forum] Transaction response validation issue

Jeroen Dries jeroen.dries at luciad.com
Thu Jan 28 05:22:52 EST 2010

Dear all,

while running the WFS 1.1 compliancy test: wfs-1.1.0-LockFeature-tc1.1, I ran
into the following issue. I only pass the test if the reponse to the last
'Delete' transaction is something like this:

 <wfs:TransactionResponse xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml"
xmlns:ns0="http://www.w3.org/2001/SMIL20/"
                         xmlns:ns1="http://www.w3.org/2001/SMIL20/Language"
                         xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net/ogc"
                         xmlns:ows="http://www.opengis.net/ows"
                         xmlns:wfs="http://www.opengis.net/wfs"
                         xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
                         version="1.1.0">
  <wfs:TransactionSummary>
      <wfs:totalInserted>0</wfs:totalInserted>
      <wfs:totalUpdated>0</wfs:totalUpdated>
      <wfs:totalDeleted>1</wfs:totalDeleted>
  </wfs:TransactionSummary>
  <wfs:InsertResults>
      <wfs:Feature>
         <ogc:FeatureId fid="badId"/>
      </wfs:Feature>
  </wfs:InsertResults>
</wfs:TransactionResponse>

As you can see, it requires a complete InsertResults element, before the
response is valid. This is a bit stupid, because now I have to return a
completely bad result just to be compliant.

I'm not sure whether it is possible to fix the schema (or only the schema which
is used for validation), or just to fix the test to skip the validation step,
Any help on this would be appreciated.

kind regards,
Jeroen Dries

Jeroen Dries - Software Engineer
T +32 16 23 95 91 | jeroen.dries at luciad.com
LUCIAD - high performance visualization
Wetenschapspark Arenberg | Gaston Geenslaan 9
3001 Leuven | Belgium | www.luciad.com