[CITE-Forum] [CITE.SC] Dec 14th Client Testing Webinar

Luis Bermudez lbermudez at opengeospatial.org
Tue Dec 14 14:27:10 EST 2010

All,

We had a fantastic session today with about 10 participants. where Chuck Morris from Northrop Grumman presented a client testing capability. The  steps presented were as follows:

- Following a similar procedure as for a server testing, a new session was started
- A WMS test suite was selected: OGC WMS client  1.3.0
- A form appeared
- A get Capabilities URL for an existing server was provided: A WMS service from a local degree installation.
- A proxy URL was then provided by TEAMEngine to be invoked by the client
- A client (Gaia) was opened
- The client was given the proxy URL
- Several operations were triggered from the user interface in the client (zoom ,etc..)
- TEAMEngine reported on the validity of the request perform by the client.

From the discussion:
- Need a set of operations for a client to be tested.
- If the client doesn't performed all the expected operations then the report should say so.
- The report should also tell about operations that the client performed but that were not tested.
- Need to do a comprehensive revision to make sure that the current WMS 1.3.0 client CTL tests take into account all the WMS 1.3.0 client-related requirements.
- This client testing will be merged to the main code and the test will be available soon in the beta web site.

The recording is available here:
https://opengeospatial.webex.com/opengeospatial/ldr.php?AT=pb&SP=MC&rID=19707657&rKey=cf1de92d2f5f2017

The last 10 minutes of the recording has a discussion about details of the source code, which may or may not be of interest to some folks.

Cheers !

Luis
Luis Bermudez
lbermudez at opengeospatial.org