[CITE-Forum] Fwd: namespace problem in CITE WFS 1.1.0

Andreas Schmitz schmitz at lat-lon.de
Mon Aug 30 10:02:19 EDT 2010

Raj Singh wrote:

Hi,

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> > From: Arthur Liu <arthur.liu at autodesk.com>
> > Date: August 25, 2010 5:29:05 AM EDT
> > To: "'cite-forum at lists.opengeospatial.org'" <cite-forum at lists.opengeospatial.org>
> > Subject: [CITE-Forum] namespace problem in CITE WFS 1.1.0
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > When running the test of WFS 1.1.0,  I get an error for following request
> >
> > http://xxx?&request=GetFeature&service=WFS&version=1.1.0&typename=sf:PrimitiveGeoFeature&namespace=xmlns(sf=http://cite.opengeospatial.org/gmlsf)
> >
> > The reason is the namespace of the type name.  The product have our own way to encode and decode the namespace.
> >
> > I would like to know if the namespace parameter must be resolved?
> And Is it permitted that I use a hardcode namespace for CITE test
> data?

I'm not sure that I understand your question. Your service will need to
be able to respond to a request like this, because that's one way to
send GetFeature requests specified in the WFS spec. The encoding of the
requests should be standard URL encoding, using a character encoding of
UTF-8. For this request, I don't think there are characters which need
to be encoded. What error are you getting?

Best regards, Andreas
Aennchenstrasse 19           53177 Bonn, Germany
phone ++49 +228 18496-0      fax ++49 +228 1849629
http://www.lat-lon.de        http://www.deegree.org
Follow deegree on Twitter: http://twitter.com/deegree_org