[CITE-Forum] WCS 1.0.0 GetCoverage with invalid time: missing "crs"

Normand Savard nsavard at mapgears.com
Tue Sep 15 10:36:06 EDT 2009

I posted a question on the OGC Forum discussion group as suggested
(http://feature.opengeospatial.org/forumbb/viewtopic.php?t=1760)  but I
didn't receive any answer to my question so I decided to post it here.

The wcs1-0-0:getcoverage_operations-getcoverage_request-time-get-kvp-2
test passed but does not verify the correct assertion that is:

"When a GetCoverage request is made WITH an invalid TIME, the server
returns a service exception" because the GetCoverage request is sent
without a "crs" parameter. The service exception is related to the
missing "crs" parameter instead of an invalid "time" parameter.

Is it possible to correct the request?

Norm

The request is:

http://ourserver/cgi-bin/mswcs100_ogc_cite?&WiDtH=200&CoVeRaGe=ndvi&TiMe=WCS_TIME_INVALID&ReQuEsT=GetCoverage&VeRsIoN=1.0.0&SeRvIcE=WCS&FoRmAt=GeoTIFF&HeIgHt=100
<http://ourserver/cgi-bin/mswcs100_ogc_cite?&WiDtH=200&CoVeRaGe=ndvi&TiMe=WCS_TIME_INVALID&ReQuEsT=GetCoverage&VeRsIoN=1.0.0&SeRvIcE=WCS&FoRmAt=GeoTIFF&HeIgHt=100>

The response is:

Response from parser ::
<ServiceExceptionReport xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/ogc"
version="1.2.0"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/ogc
http://schemas.opengis.net//wcs/1.0.0/OGC-exception.xsd">
<http://schemas.opengis.net//wcs/1.0.0/OGC-exception.xsd%22%3E>
<ServiceException code="MissingParameterValue"
locator="crs">msWCSGetCoverage(): WCS server error. Required parameter
CRS was not supplied.
</ServiceException>
</ServiceExceptionReport>