[CITE-Forum] WMS compliance

Raj Singh rsingh at opengeospatial.org
Sun Sep 6 13:57:53 EDT 2009

I agree our WMS test is biased towards vector data, but our
certification program is driven by member needs and volunteer
resources, and so this is where we are right now with WMS.

There are two ways the situation could be improved, and both involve
creating new tests in "Compliance Test Language" using the TEAM
engine. (ref: http://cite.opengeospatial.org/developer). New tests can
be developed by any person or team of people. Being an OGC member is
not a requirement to develop a suite of tests.

1) Develop a new suite of tests for the soon-to-be-released "OpenGIS®
Web Map Tile Service Implementation Standard". This will be a good
solution to test tiled, Google Maps style web mapping.
http://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=35326 (OGC members
only link)

2) Create an alternate (raster) test data set for the existing WMS
test suite and verify that the test procedures still apply.

---
Raj