[CITE-Forum] WFS 1.1.0 Test Data

Neil Tippett neil.tippett at envitia.com
Wed Aug 19 05:38:31 EDT 2009

Hi folks,

I have a query about the GML SF-0 schema provided with the CITE WFS 1.1 test data. Specifically, if my understanding of the SF-0 profile is correct, it doesn't appear to comply with the feature property rules.

The issues I've noted include:

·         The definition of the 'FeatureCodeType' simple type uses the 'pattern' facet which isn't listed as a permitted facet for string types.

·         The definition of the 'EntitéGénériqueType' complex type uses the built-in schema type 'NCName',  which again is not listed as a permitted property type by the profile.

·         The definition of the 'PrimitiveGeoFeatureType' complex type uses the built-in schema type 'float',  which again is not listed as a permitted property type by the profile.

·         Depending upon your interpretation of the profile, the use of non-inline type definitions (E.G. 'String4PropertyType' and 'IntRangePropertyType') is not stated as being permitted. It is also not strictly forbidden either. Does the use of them in this test data imply that they are permitted?

Is the test data wrong or is it my understanding of the profile?

Many thanks,

Neil