[CITE-Forum] WCS 1.0.0 updatesequence tests: XPATH error

Normand Savard nsavard at mapgears.com
Tue Feb 12 10:24:08 EST 2008

All,

I'm running the WCS 1.0.0 tests suite on the legacy tests engine.  The
following tests:

wcs1-0-0/getcapabilities_operations/getcapabilities_request/get/kvp/2
and 4 failed.  The assertion of the first test states that when the
UPDATESEQUENCE parameter is set to the current update sequence value,
then the server returns a valid exception (cose =
CurrentUpdateSequence).  Our server effectively returns an exception and
we validate it with XMLSpy.

The assertion of the second tests states that when the UPDATESEQUENCE
parameter set to a value higher than the current update sequence value,
then the server returns a service exception (code="InvalidUpdateSequence
").  This is what our server returns.

I noticed that there is possibly a mistake in the XPath expression of
both tests .  The XPath expression for the first test (2) is:

//*[local-name()='ServiceException'][1]/*[@code="CurrentUpdateSequence"].  I validate with

XPath Checker (a Firefox extension) that the expression should read:

//*[local-name()='ServiceException'][1][@code="CurrentUpdateSequence"].

and for the second test is:
//*[local-name()='ServiceException'][1]/*[@code="InvalidUpdateSequence "]

and should read:

//*[local-name()='ServiceException'][1][@code="InvalidUpdateSequence "]

We set the updateSequence of our server to 1.  The request to our server is:

http://dev1.lan.mapgears.com/manwe/cgi-bin/mswcs100_ogc_cite?UpDaTeSeQuEnCe=2&ReQuEsT=GetCapabilities&VeRsIoN=1.0.0&SeRvIcE=WCS

Can you confim this?

Norm