[CITE-Forum] srsName now without version

Richard Martell rmartell at galdosinc.com
Thu Nov 22 11:16:38 EST 2007

Justin,

That's correct. The version segment in the id is optional; if it's
absent and the resource is versioned, the current one is implied.

Also, we've learned that the OGP does not actually version CRS
definitions. The EPSG version number (e.g. 6.14) applies to the
entire geodetic _dataset_, not to a given entry. I'll try to
confirm this versioning policy.

And Carl Reed tells us that IANA approval of the "ogc" namespace
identifier is imminent, so we can go ahead and use it as if it
were official (urn:ogc:*).

> From:
> cite-forum-bounces+rmartell=galdosinc.com at opengeospatial.org
al.org] On Behalf Of Justin Deoliveira