[CITE-Forum] WFS 1.0.0 test failures do not provide descriptive error messages

Tom Nuydens tom.nuydens at luciad.com
Tue Nov 13 05:05:38 EST 2007

Hi,

I've been trying on and off to get our WFS implementation through the
conformance tests. For WFS 1.0.0, our server passes the basic tests at
http://cite.opengeospatial.org/tsOGC/. With the newer TEAM engine tests,
however, it fails all the DescribeFeatureType tests, apart from those
that are expected to produce a service exception.

The test engine does not return any kind of error message whatsoever for
the failed tests. It simply echoes the response that it got from our
server and then says "Result: Failed". I've validated the output of our
server both using XML Spy and an internal Java app based on JDOM.

Has anyone by any chance encountered similar problems? Without more
detailed feedback from the test engine, I haven't a clue on how we can
get our tests to succeed. I already reported this problem via the e-mail
address listed on the site (compliance at opengeospatial.org) some time
ago, but never got a reply.

Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions.

Best regards,

Tom

--
Tom Nuydens