[CITE-Forum] WFS 1.0.0 test failures do not provide descriptive error messages

David Hunt davidchunt at btinternet.com
Fri Dec 21 15:16:28 EST 2007

Morris, Charles, E. wrote:

>OGC did install a fix for a problem with the validator about a week ago
>that should have solved some of these problems.  If you have experienced
>problems in the past, try it again.  If you are still getting tests that
>fail, try validating the response using the standalone GML Validator at
>http://cite.opengeospatial.org/test_engine/gml/2.1.2/validator/, which
>should provide descriptive error messages.

The wfs:test1.0.0-basic-describefeaturetype-get-4 test failed without
any error message.  I followed your suggestion and validated the
response from our server with the schema validator found at the provided
URL and with XML Spy, no error was reported.   The URL used for the
request is:

http://dev1.lan.mapgears.com/manwe/cgi-bin/mswfs100_ogc_cite?
<http://dev1.lan.mapgears.com/manwe/cgi-bin/mswfs100_ogc_cite?&service=WFS&v
ersion=1.0.0&> &service=WFS&version=1.0.0&
request=DescribeFeatureType

I have a similar problem with wfs:test1.0.0-basic-getfeature-get-1 test.  I
did the
same validation (GML validator and XML Spy) and also visually validated a
part of the XML,
everything looks fine.The TEAM engine reports the following error:

  Response from parser wfs:GMLValidatingParser:

   Messages from parser wfs:GMLValidatingParser:
        error at line 22, column 25:
  cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content starting with element
'cdf:msGeometry'. The content must match
'((("http://www.opengis.net/gml":description){0-1},("http://www.opengis.net/
gml":name){0-1},("http://www.opengis.net/gml":boundedBy){0-1}),(("http://www
.opengis.net/gml":pointProperty){0-1},("http://www.opengis.net/cite/data":st
ring1),("http://www.opengis.net/cite/data":string2){0-1},("http://www.opengi
s.net/cite/data":integers){0-1},("http://www.opengis.net/cite/data":dates){0
-1}))'.
1 error detected.

The request sent is:

http://dev1.lan.mapgears.com/manwe/cgi-bin/mswfs100_ogc_cite?
<http://dev1.lan.mapgears.com/manwe/cgi-bin/mswfs100_ogc_cite?&service=WFS&v
ersion=1.0.0&request=GetFeature&outputformat=GML2&typename=cdf:Other>
&service=WFS&version=1.0.0&request=GetFeature&outputformat=GML2&typename=cdf
:Other

Does someone has any suggestion on what may be the issue?

Norm