[CITE-Forum] WMS test suite for client products?

David Hunt davidchunt at btinternet.com
Fri Dec 21 15:16:28 EST 2007

Martin Daly wrote:
>> No, you didn't, simply nobody did answer my question ...
>
> There are no client-side tests for any of the W*S specifications.

Hi M,
good to see you are still alive. Where were you at the Stresa meeting, we
missed you!

I think that it would be attractive to be able to get some kind of
certification of compliance for clients too. After all there are probably
many more clients out there than servers.

This also shows how server side focused we think. Maybe it also shows why we
have trouble warming to understanding WADL but do understand WSDL. Its the
server side that we flatter and the application side that we neglect.

Regards, Arnulf.