[CITE-Forum] WFS 1.0.0 test failures do not provide descriptive error messages

Morris, Charles, E. chuck.morris at ngc.com
Tue Dec 18 12:25:12 EST 2007

Thanks Justin  That is exactly correct.

- Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: Justin Deoliveira [mailto:jdeolive at openplans.org]
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2007 3:19 PM
To: Normand Savard
Cc: Morris, Charles, E.; cite-forum at opengeospatial.org
Subject: Re: [CITE-Forum] WFS 1.0.0 test failures do not provide
descriptive error messages

Hi Normand,

The problem is that (and someone correct me here if i am wrong) the
validation engine is not actually using the "schemaLocation" of your
returned document to validate. Its using a schema stored internally.

In other words it is not using the reflective describeFeatureType call
included in your output. And since in the copy of the schema it is using
the geometry property is named "pointProperty" and not "msGeometry" you
get an error.

Hope that helps.

-Justin

I think the key here is that the validation engine is not actually using
> I have a similar problem with wfs:test1.0.0-basic-getfeature-get-1
> test.  I did the same validation (GML validator and XML Spy) and also
> visually validated a part of the XML, everything looks fine.The TEAM
engine reports the following error:

>   Response from parser wfs:GMLValidatingParser:
>
>    Messages from parser wfs:GMLValidatingParser:
>         error at line 22, column 25:
>   cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content starting with element
'cdf:msGeometry'. The content must match
'((("http://www.opengis.net/gml":description){0-1},("http://www.opengis.
net/gml":name){0-1},("http://www.opengis.net/gml":boundedBy){0-1}),(("ht
tp://www.opengis.net/gml":pointProperty){0-1},("http://www.opengis.net/c
ite/data":string1),("http://www.opengis.net/cite/data":string2){0-1},("h