[CITE-Forum] GIS + Windows application

Bui Hong Son bhs at hcm.ciren.gov.vn
Thu Oct 5 10:54:59 EDT 2006

Hi Vadivelan,

This link may be usefull for you

http://interops.esri.com/help/index.htm#wms_gfi.htm

Cheers.

  _____

From: cite-forum-bounces+bhs=hcm.ciren.gov.vn at opengeospatial.org
[mailto:cite-forum-bounces+bhs=hcm.ciren.gov.vn at opengeospatial.org] On
Behalf Of Rainer Spittel
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2006 2:25 AM
To: Vadivelan P; cite-forum at opengeospatial.org
Subject: Re: [CITE-Forum] GIS + Windows application

Hi Vadivelan,

  Sounds interesting and challenging. I think there are a number of
questions about the infrastructure you want to use:

  - To you want to extend ArcGIS to be OGC compliant? In which way?

  - What OGC standards are you interested in?

  - Are you using ArcGIS to maintain GIS data and implement your own web
service to publish and grant remote access to data sources?

  To get an overview of OGC standards, take a look at their homepage
(http://www.opengeospatial.org <http://www.opengeospatial.org/> ). The
standards are good documented and may give you an idea of the kind of
services the OGC is focusing on.

  Cheers

rainer spittel
Geospatial Project Coordinator & Developer

direct + 64 4 915 6000 ext. 7013
phone + 64 4 915 6000
fax + 64 4 915 6030

email rainer.spittel at terralink.co.nz

terralink international limited
level 2, Terralink International House, 275 Cuba St, PO Box 2872,
Wellington, New Zealand
<www.terralink.co.nz>

This email message is intended solely for the addressee(s) named above. The
information it contains is confidential and may be legally privileged.
Unauthorised use of the message, or the information it contains, may be
unlawful. If you have received this email in error, please notify us by
return email, fax (64 4 915 6030) or telephone (64 4 915 6000 or freephone
0800 483 772), and delete the email. Thank you. Terralink International
accepts no responsibility for changes made to this email or to any
attachments after transmission from the office.