[CITE-Forum] GIS + Windows application

Rainer Spittel rainer.spittel at terralink.co.nz
Wed Oct 4 15:25:18 EDT 2006

Hi Vadivelan,

  Sounds interesting and challenging. I think there are a number of
questions about the infrastructure you want to use:

  - To you want to extend ArcGIS to be OGC compliant? In which way?
  - What OGC standards are you interested in?
  - Are you using ArcGIS to maintain GIS data and implement your own web
service to publish and grant remote access to data sources?

  To get an overview of OGC standards, take a look at their homepage
(http://www.opengeospatial.org <http://www.opengeospatial.org/> ). The
standards are good documented and may give you an idea of the kind of
services the OGC is focusing on.

  Cheers

rainer spittel
Geospatial Project Coordinator & Developer
direct + 64 4 915 6000 ext. 7013
phone + 64 4 915 6000
fax + 64 4 915 6030

email rainer.spittel at terralink.co.nz

terralink international limited
level 2, Terralink International House, 275 Cuba St, PO Box 2872,
Wellington, New Zealand
<www.terralink.co.nz>

This email message is intended solely for the addressee(s) named above.
The information it contains is confidential and may be legally
privileged. Unauthorised use of the message, or the information it
contains, may be unlawful. If you have received this email in error,
please notify us by return email, fax (64 4 915 6030) or telephone (64 4
915 6000 or freephone 0800 483 772), and delete the email. Thank you.
Terralink International accepts no responsibility for changes made to
this email or to any attachments after transmission from the office.