[CITE-Forum] geopasrer specification

George Percivall percivall at opengeospatial.org
Mon Jan 31 14:26:13 EST 2005

James,

Good to hear of your interest in the Geoparser Discussion Paper.
The CITE forum focuses on Adopted Implementation Specifications.
Your efforts may be just what is needed to move Geoparser from DP to adopted
spec.
A better forum for that discussion is Decision Support Working Group which
initially approved the discussion paper.
I have included Jeff Lansing, DS WG chair, on the reply to this message.
I recommend that you send a message to the DS WG asking for other members
that are interested in moving the Geoparser forward in the OGC process.

Cheers,
George

On 1/31/05 11:38 AM, "James S reid" <james.reid at ed.ac.uk> wrote:

>  apologies if this is an inappropriate venue to ask this (please redirect me
> to somwhere more appropriate if it exists!), but what is the current OGC
> position re: discussion doc 01-035 on the geoparser specification. We have
> been doing work in this area but cannot find any more recent exchanges on
> refinements or even early implementations? does anyone have more recent views
> on this application area or can they point me in the direction of someone who
> might?
>
> regards

> James S Reid
> Geoservices
> EDINA
> University of Edinburgh
> Main Library
> George Square
> EH8 9LJ
>
> tel:     +44 (0) 131 651 1383
> fax:    +44 (0) 131 650 3308
> email: james.reid at ed.ac.uk
>

> "the problem with computers is the peripherals -
> specifically people"

George Percivall
Executive Director, Interoperability Architecture
Open Geospatial Consortium
E-mail: percivall at opengeospatial.org
Voice: 1+301-560-6439

disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return
email and delete this communication and destroy all copies.