[CITE-Forum] FW: [wfs-dev] WFS compliance testing

Morris, Charles, E. chuck.morris at ngc.com
Mon Jul 26 14:57:21 EST 2004

Jeff,

It's a little more difficult to provide the WFS test data in shape or mif files since each vendor may have a different way of mapping the data into GML.  For instance, which field maps to the GML fid attribute?

Since any non-GML format would likely have to be manipulated before it could be used anyway, there are no plans for the CITE team to provide the data in any other format.  However, some vendors will provide the data in a format suitable for their product.  For instance, Geoserver (http://geoserver.sourceforge.net, the WFS reference implementation) provides scripts to build the dataset in a PostGIS database format.

Hope this helps,

Chuck Morris
Northrop Grumman IT, TASC