[AIP_Plenary] Fwd: IIB feedback

Herve Caumont herve.caumont at terradue.com
Thu Jan 26 10:21:50 EST 2012

Pat,

I would ask for George to recall here that AIP is and remains an open process :)
And I believe that I understand Lionel viewpoint based on the work provided by his group on previous AIP Phases (which is certainly not about sub-optimizing or restricting).

I am looking forward discussing here how the effective, 'specific' work, and value added of AIP, can be tailored in the CFP-5 text, so to have AIP work fully recognized as supportive for the GEO work plan targets.

For example, developmental resources might still be proposed as such by a provider, and selected in AIP-5, they would have to present their plans in matching a selected set of GEO work plan 2012-2015 objectives and agenda.
AIP-5 time frame shall moreover allow some effective work to be conducted in this regard (or it means we have an AIP-6 candidate...).

This could reveal not so obvious to achieve in some cases. As I'm now engaging in the exercise for the Disasters section of the CFP, I'm just wondering how pragmatic we can be in this approach. Certainly the participants to that CFP section will provide me with some highlights that could be shared here later on, or at the Plenary telco.

Hervé

Begin forwarded message: