[AIP_Plenary] IIB feedback

Steven F. Browdy steveb at omstech.com
Wed Jan 25 17:20:55 EST 2012

Hi All:

I think these ideas are worthy of further discussion at the next AIP
telecon.  Please keep in mind that operational issues are now handled by
IN-03, including upgrades to the GCI components.  The IIB has set
priorities for 2012, and still views the AIP process as dealing with
developmental issues.  Inviting proven resources to become part of
GEOSS, via AIP stress testing, and then handing them off to IN-03 to be
operationalized, is great, but I don't believe it should be done at the
exclusion of important development efforts for AIP.  Moving towards 2015
and beyond, there will be many developmental efforts that will confront us.

Steve

Steven F. Browdy, Ph.D.
President
OMS Tech, Inc.