[AIP_Plenary] IIB feedback

Herve Caumont herve.caumont at terradue.com
Wed Jan 25 04:26:42 EST 2012

thanks George,

I'd like to share here one general remark on the IIB feedback and your comment on past AIP-3,
for discussion and maybe also useful for the CFP section leads.

While AIP-3 (and previous) occurred during the still initial phase of GEOSS, where a heavy 'bottom-up', consultatory process, was driven by the GEO Work Plan, we have now engaged with the 2012-2015 Work Plan with a much more top-down approach, pushing for shaping the operational GEOSS, and providing governance for this.

This is reflected in the work plan by Task targets, and by guidance on the expected demonstrations of the achievements (cf. "This will be demonstrated by" sections we discussed yesterday during the call).

AIP-5 would thus play a role in demonstrating (and deepening) those operationalization efforts... so AIP-5 CFP would not request for, nor emphasize, 'developmental resources', but ask for proven resources, stressed interoperability testing, and heavy load testing.

Any thoughts or advices on this ?

Cheers
Hervé Caumont
Program Manager, Terradue