[AIP_Plenary] hello world... and how to participate?

Peter Baumann p.baumann at jacobs-university.de
Tue Mar 15 09:36:31 EDT 2011

Dear all,

following successful subscription let me briefly present us.

We [0] are working in the field of array databases [1] to do large-scale
analytics on multi-dimensional raster data. A main outcome so far is the
open-source rasdaman ("raster data manager") system [2] which offers an
SQL-style query language on n-D raster data of unlimited size. See EarthLook [3]
for a small online demo.

Notably, OGC has a standardized raster query language, Web Coverage Processing
Service (WCPS) which embeds into both WCS and WPS environments.

We would like to contribute to AIP by serving a 2D...5D+ datasets via WCPS
interfaces. Is there any chance to enter at this time, and how would we do that?
Any hints greatly appreciated.

Thanks & regards,
Peter

[0] www.jacobs-university.de/lsis
[1] www.rasdaman.com/ArrayDatabases-Workshop/
[2] www.rasdaman.org
[3] www.earthlook.org

--
Dr. Peter Baumann
    mail: p.baumann at jacobs-university.de
    tel: +49-421-200-3178, fax: +49-421-200-493178
    www.rasdaman.com, mail: baumann at rasdaman.com
"Si forte in alienas manus oberraverit hec peregrina epistola incertis ventis dimissa, sed Deo commendata, precamur ut ei reddatur cui soli destinata, nec preripiat quisquam non sibi parata." (mail disclaimer, AD 1083)