[AIP_Plenary] Comments on GEOSS Registration Process

Archie Warnock warnock at awcubed.com
Tue Dec 23 16:52:06 EST 2008

Jeff deLaBeaujardiere wrote:
> Sorry, my phrasing was poor, but I think we're on the same page.
> You don't store the Capabilities XML document itself. However,
> you will glean information from the SOS GetCapabilities response,
> and populate a catalog somewhere so that people can discover the
> observation offerings in my SOS. Is that correct?

Yes, that's the idea.

As Josh has already noted, there are some constraints to that process
that we've got to work out - large or dynamic catalogs may not be
harvested, for example - but generally speaking the Clearinghouses will
harvest and cache the catalog contents and make them searchable.

--

Archie

-- Archie Warnock                         warnock at awcubed.com
-- A/WWW Enterprises                          www.awcubed.com
--       As a matter of fact, I _do_ speak for my employer.